Fetal Medicine - Facilities
Our goal is to make your visit as comfortable and convenient as possible. Laser procedures underway for TTTS 2 scan rooms both with high end ultrasound machines
- We were the first centre to establish and propagate the first trimester combined Down syndrome screening programme according to Fetal Medicine Foundation criteria in India and regularly conduct internal and external quality control audits to ensure that our prenatal screening service is running effectively.
- We treat a wide range of fetal problems including in utero medical and surgical therapy.
- We were the first centre to offer Laser Fetal Therapy in the North.
- We have a dedicated Fetal Cardiac Service offering prenatal diagnosis, counseling and subsequently pediatric cardiac surgery as necessary.
- We work closely with your referring doctor and provide support services to them so that the pregnancy outcome can be optimized. It is possible for many expectant mothers to be monitored as on an out patient basis during their pregnancy.
- We educate other doctors about fetal conditions and treatment through our many CMEs and workshops. We also run a Fellowship programme in Fetal Medicine in association with Prof. Kypros Nicolaides and the Fetal Medicine Foundation, UK (FMF-UK)
- We maintain international standards of fetal care and follow the FMF-UK and the International Society of ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynaecology (ISUOG) guidelines in all our practice.