Emergency Caesarean Section
When did Emergency Caesarean Section done?
It is done where you may have been in labor for a while before the decision is taken, or some problem develops that makes urgent delivery necessary in the interest of your baby, or your health.
What are the Indication of Caesarean Section?
Fetal distress-Your baby may not be tolerating the forces of labor well, and may show problems like irregularity or slowing of the heart rate, or acid in the blood.Sometimes greenish discoloration of the amniotic fluid (passage of meconium or fetal stools in utero) may be a sign of distress.
- Non-progress of labor .
- Bleeding from your placenta.
- Previous 2 or more caesareans.
What are Maternal medical conditions?
- Pregnancy Induced Hypertension (PIH) is a leading cause of maternal and fetal problem. Due to uncontrolled blood pressure, it may be necessary to opt for caesarean birth.
- Maternal diabetes in pregnancy is also associated with problems, which may make caesarean birth a safer option.
- Other medical illness like severe asthma, certain types of cardiac diseases, etc.may also preclude labor as mother, baby or both may not be able to tolerate labor well.