Gynecology & Obstetrics - Treatments & Services
At Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals various services provided by the department of obstetrics and gynaecology includes :
Apollo’s Assisted Reproduction Unit (IVF Unit)It is our aim to provide the latest scientific developments in infertility treatment, in a friendly and informal environment. We aim to set standard for the treatment of the infertile. Our state-of-the-art IVF lab is backed up by highly experienced doctors, who have been involved in the field of infertility and assisted Reproductive technologies (ART) for many years in India and abroad with extensive firsthand experience and very respectable success rates. A full range of diagnostic and treatment procedures are available for the infertile couple in Apollo’s Assisted Reproduction Unit (“AARU”). We provide consistent 24*7*52 Service (No waiting for the batches) with full time in-house embryologists and supportive laboratory services. Individualized patient care by our internationally trained and experienced professional team ensures maximum success rates possible.
Infertility Treatment Options Available
- Ovulation induction/ Controlled ovarian stimulation
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI) – husband/donor
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Intra Cytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Sperm retrieval techniques – TESA (Testicular sperm aspiration), TESE (Testicular Sperm Extraction), MESA(Microsurgical epididymal sperm aspiration), PESA (Percutaneous epididymal sperm aspiration)
- Semen Bank
- Donor Oocyte Program
- Donor Embryo program
- Cryopreservation of gametes and embryos/ Vitrification
- All other advanced technologies
- Ectopic pregnancies
- Ovarian cysts
- Hysterectomies (laparoscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy)
- Myomectomy for fibroid
- Laparoscopic treatment for infertility
- Endometriosis etc.
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Fibroid removal
- Removal of Polyps
- Menstrual problems
- Uterine septum
Natural Access Scar less SurgeryThis implies vaginal surgery operations like:
UrogynaecologyWe offer complete evaluation, assessment, management (medical & surgical) of female urinary incontinence, urgency, urge incontinence, recurrent urinary infection, voiding problems, anal incontinence as well as pelvic floor dysfunction including Urogenital Prolapse, post hysterectomy vault Prolapse and sexual dysfunction. Women are offered a variety of treatment options including non-surgical such as pelvic floor exercises, biofeedback, medical management and surgical procedures as appropriate. The surgical options include minimally invasive techniques such as TVT, TVT-O and other meshes and the conventional surgeries for incontinence and Prolapse.We have a dedicated lab for urodynamics and uroflowmetry. Urinary problems of urgency, urge incontinence and stress urinary incontinence are assessed and managed medically and surgically as well.
Fetal MedicineProblem pregnancies, both because of genetic and structural growth defects in the fetus or because of maternal complications are seen by specialists. The availability of high resolution ultrasound machines, a genetic lab and intrauterine procedures such as amniocentesis, fetal blood sampling and fetal transfusion, help in carrying the pregnancy forward safely.
- Specialized care of sick term and tiny preterm babies is provided at our hospital
- Availability of advanced life support equipment and transport facilities is also ensured