Awards and Achievements
- For his contributions, he has been conferred many awards like Glory of India Award, Rajiv Gandhi Award.
- International Gold Star Award.
- Distinguished Services Award by World Congress on Clinical & Preventive Cardiol-ogy.
- Crest by the Mayor of Dhaka & the Police Chief of Dhaka, Santhok Singh Memorial Award (By association of Surgeons of India).
- PurushottamLal Award (by Indian Medical Association) and ‘The Best Citizens of In-dia Award’.
- He was also judged as “Best and the Most Popular Doctor”by a survey done by Dai-nikJagran.
- His scientific papers and cases have bagged the Best Challenging Case Awards in the entire world by Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutic and Cardiovascular Research Foundation (USA) in 2004, 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012.
Dr. (Prof.) Narendra Nath Khanna,MD, DM, FRCP (Lond,), FRCP (Gasg.), FRCP (Edin.), FACC, FESC, FSCAI, FCCP, FAPSIC, FEISI, FICC, FICP, FCSI,is Advisor to Apollo Group of Hospitals in India and is presently working as Senior Consultant in Cardiology & Coordinator of Vascular Services at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi. He is also appointed as Honorary Professor of Cardiology at LPS Institute of Cardiology, GSVM Medical College, Kanpur. Before joining Apollo Group of Hospitals, he worked as Sr. Consultant in Cardiology at Escorts Heart Institute & Research Centre and as Director of Escorts Heart Centre, Kanpur.
Dr. Khanna is a Graduate of King George’s Medical College, Lucknow. After com-pleting his MD (Medicine) and DM (Cardiology), he went abroad for advanced Fel-lowship Training in Cardiology, Coronary & Vascular Interventions at Ochsner Medi-cal Foundation, New Orleans, USA and at Poly-Clinique-des-Essey, France under eminent Cardiologists - Dr. Christopher J White, Dr. Steve Ramee and Dr. Michel Henry. He underwent advanced training on Percutaneous Aortic Valve Implanta-tions, Heart Failure Devices and Radio-frequency Ablation for sympathetic denerva-tion of renal arteries.
He is an examiner for MD (Medicine), Superspeciality Doctorate Courses (DNB) in Cardiology and Fellowship of Diplomate National Board of Examination (Interven-tional Cardiology). He is on the Editorial Board of Indian Heart Journal and Deputy Editor and Chief of Quarterly Journal of Angiology. He has authored 26 book chap-ters and has about 120 publications in various national and international journals to his credit. He has been invited as a faculty and has given more than 400 guest lectures in international and national scientific meetings.
He has performed more than 10,000 invasive and interventional procedures and has established interventional Cardiology services in many cities of India. He has special interest for endovascular and peripheral vascular interventions and has pioneered newer techniques for percutaneous mechanical pulmonary thrombectomy and tech-niques for Endovascular Treatment of Aortic Aneurysms, ischemia & gangrene of the limbs, Endovenous Laser Therapy and Below Knee Interventions.