Awards and Achievements
- Recognition by National Health Service ( UK ) for developing Laparoscopic Day Care Surgery.
- Recognition by Royal College of Surgeons of London for developing Laparoscopic Training program.
- Recognition from Health Minister, Delhi for developing Thoracoscopic Surgery in Delhi, India.
- Recognition from Apollo Hospital for 2 land mark international publications on Thoracoscopic Sympathectomy Surgery.
- Prize by Indian Association ( IAGES ) for study on 3mm Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy.
- 1st International study demonstrating the feasibility of Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy. Published in European Journal of Surgery 1994
- 1st Laparoscopic surgery for cholecysto-colic fistula. Published in British Journal of Surgery, 1994
- 1st Thoracoscopic Surgery for Pulmonary Hydatid Cyst in the World. Limca book of Records.
- Over 2000 Thoracoscopic Surgeries ( one of the highest in India )
- Over 6000 Laparoscopic Cholecystectomies.
- Pioneer in robotic gastrointestinal surgery ( Including 1st series in the world for robotic one anastomosis bariatric gastric bypass surgery for morbid obesity ).
- Over 50 publications in International peer reviewed journals. Invited guest lectures at over 20 international and 100 national conferences.
- One of the very few surgeons in the world doing Robotic, Bariatric, Thoracoscopic, Single Incision Laparoscopy and Advanced Upper & Lower GI laparoscopic surgeries.
24 years of total experience. Senior Consultant for the last 14 years since Dec 1994. This was after 10 years on various posts in India (4 years) and United Kingdom (6 years). Involved with Laparoscopic Surgery from the time it started in the UK. Belong to the first generation of laparoscopic surgeons One of the first in the UK to be doing Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy and Hernia repair on day case. One of the first surgeons internationally to be doing Minimally Invasive Piles Surgery (Stapled Hemorrhoidectomy) and Endoscopic Thoracic Sympathectomy for Hyperhidrosis of Palms and Axilla.
Experience of over 5000 laparoscopic surgeries that include over 3500 laparoscopic cholecystectomy, 1000 laparoscopic hernia surgery and rest advanced laparoscopic surgery including Thoracoscopic and Bariatric Surgery.
Have the privilege to have done the World's first laparoscopic operation for:
- Cholecysto-colic fistula ( Bedford Hospital , UK, Mar 1994)
- Hydatid cyst of the lung ( Batra Hospital, New Delhi, Jan 1995)
One of the largest series of Endoscopic Thoracic Sympathectomy for Hyperhidrosis of Palms and Feet.Laparoscopic Hernia repairs in the country. Personally devised technique accepted and acknowledged in British Journal of Surgery since 1994.
Bariatric Surgery for weight loss including Gastric Banding, Roux en Y Gastric Bypass, Sleeve Gastrectomy and Mini Gastric Bypass.
Other advanced Laparoscopic and Thoracoscopic operations include Common Bile Duct exploration, Fundoplication, Highly Selective Vagotomy, Right and Left Hemicolectomy, Anterior and Abdomino-Perineal resection of Rectum, Rectopexy, Splenectomy, Adrenalectomy, Empyema and Thymus surgery.