InDr.aprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi
M.D. (Psychiatry), Diplomate National Board (DNB) Psychiatry
Areas of Specialization
Has worked extensively in Clinical Psychiatry and carried out extensive research in the fields of :
- Substance Abuse, Dr.ug & Alcohol Dependence.
- Psychosocial Stressors in Attempted Suicide & deliberate self harm.
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Child & adolescent psychiatry.
- Quit smoking campaign.
Dr. Narang has worked as advisor to the ASHA School for Mentally Challenged and Handicapped ChilDr.en
He is currently honorary consultant to The Delhi Common Wealth Women's (DCWA) Association on psychiatric and psychosocial aspects.
He has conducted workshops on Counseling and is a trained therapist in :
- Individual counseling
- Couples and marriage counseling
- Family counseling
- Group psychotherapy
Some of the more common problems Dr. Narang treats include self-confidence problems, relationship/family problems, depression and manic depression, anxiety/panic, eating disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorder, phobias, substance and alcohol abuse, history of traumatic experiences/child abuse, feelings of unreality, sleep disturbances, psychosomatic (mind/body) disorders, gay and lesbian issues, and child and adolescent disturbances.
Fellowships / Memberships / Work Experiences
- Prof of Psychiatry Pune University since 2005.
- Fellow of National Board of Examinations (NBE), Ansari Nagar, New Delhi.
- Life Fellow of Indian Psychiatric Society (IPS).
- Life Fellow of Delhi Psychiatric Society (DPS).
- Ex-Honorary Secretary of Pune Psychiatric Association.
Awards and Achievements
Dr. Narang has may publications on various aspects of psychiatric illnesses in both international & national journals.